What is the EYPP?
The EYPP is a government initiative that targets additional funding to children from predominantly lower income households. The additional funding for children is used to support each entitled child in developing and learning and believe that they can succeed.
Governors have agreed that the Pupil Premium Grant will be prioritised for the achievement and wellbeing of Disadvantaged pupils who,are entitled to it. We use this money to provide extra staff support and resources to ensure there is accelerated learning to ensure there is little or no difference between the achievement of eligible children and those that are not.
The provision and impact through EYPP is monitored through all levels of leadership and management:
- Governor meetings
- Senior Leadership Team meetings
- Pupil Progress Meetings
Early Years Pupil Premium 2019to 2020
Early Years Pupil Premium funds are spent with these aims in mind:
- To close the attainment gap and accelerate progress
- To provide experiences that enhance and enrich children’s learning
Early Years Pupil Premium is used in three main ways:
1. Enrichment Activities:
- Natural History museum and bus trip
- walks to Shot Over
- a bus trip to the library
- Botanical gardens
- Oxford Science
- bus trip to the Covered Market
the enrichment activities have followed childrens interests and have given them opportunities to develop further understanding and language in the context of the theme.
2. Introduction of books bought for home - two books for each child will be bought to support story telling at home. Children are introduced to story telling of familiar traditional stories. The books will help them to gain confidence in re-telling stories and developing story language.
3. Additional teacher to lead a nurturing wellbeing group - The focus will be to look after the allotment. Children in the group will develop resilience and supported to manage their feelings. They develop language through talking about what they are doing, negotiating how to do things and reflecting on what they have achieved.
Pupil Premium Strategy Plan 2019 - 2020
Pupil Premium Strategy Plan 2018-2019
Value for money has been sought through reference to research and impact via the Educational Endowment Fund website; https://educationendowmentfoundation.org.uk/evidence/early-years-toolkit