Governors and staff are committed to working to make your children's education the best it can be by:
- valuing childhood as a stage of life
- enabling both children and adults to enjoy learning
- offering a range of teaching and learning strategies, taking into account different learning styles
- developing the potential of the child through high expectations and providing good role models
- promoting home/school relationships based on mutual trust and understanding so that parents and teachers can enrich the child's education and progress in partnership
- widening children's experience by involving them in the life of the community
- liaising effectively with other agencies and carers, and having strong links with other schools in order to ensure continuity and to share information
- giving children opportunities to learn though play, first-hand experiences and the experiences of others both indoors and outdoors every day
- creating a happy, safe, secure and stimulating environment in which each individual is known, valued and encouraged to make a personal contribution
Slade Nursery School has a Nursery School, Day Nursery and Extended Services.
We provide 65 places for children who are entitled to 15 hours of funding the term following their third birthday.
There are 39 places for children who are entitled to 30 hours funding.
We provide 24 places for two year olds either for fee paying and those who are entitled to funding.
We have 6 places for children who are under the age of two.
We offer breakfast, morning, afternoon and tea time wrap around care. Wrap around is available for children who attend Wood Farm Primary School ( 4yrs to 7 yrs)