Early Years Pupil Premium 2017 to 2018
12 children are eligible for additional funding to enhance learning and development opportunities.
Enrichment Activities have been planned to include
- Natural History museum and bus trip
- walks to Shot Over,
- a bus trip to the library.
Introduction of books bought for home - six books for each child to support the story telling at home.
Expand the nursery school library to loan books for home use.
Early Years Pupil Premium 2016 to 2017
21 children in Slade Nursery School and Day Nursery have been eligible for additional funding to enhance their learning and development opportunities. We have taken different approaches to meet the specific needs of children.
Children have benefitted taking part in small group activities which provide a range of first hand experiences which enhance speech and language development along side understanding of the world they live in.
- Oxford Botanical Gardens and bus trip
- Five current buns from the local bakers shop
- Hill End outdoor learning experience
- Shotover walks
- Covered market and bus trip
- Library visit and bus trip
- Looking after the allotment. Developing confidence through 'having a go'. Children developing an understanding of looking after things which grow.
A sensory room has been set up with a range of resources as a quiet space for children to explore their senses.
- Children who need more support to learn through all their senses use the sensory room to help them to be more aware of themselves in the environment. They find satisfaction in using the senses which give them enhanced feed back.
- A drama group exploring feelings and choices.